A statutory offense that provides that it is a crime to knowingly cause another person to engage in an unwanted sexual act by force or threat
Urine pregnancy test Blood for:
» HIV, and
» Hepatitis B if no history of previous Hep B immunization.
Trauma counselling and completion of J88 forms
Examination under anesthesia may be required for adequate forensic sample collection, or repair of genital tract trauma.
- Levonorgestrel 1.5 mg, oral, preferably within 24 hours of event.
- Ethinyl estradiol 100 mcg plus norgestrel 1 mg, oral, 12 hourly for 2 doses Note:
Emergency contraception can be given up to 5 days following an episode of unprotected intercourse.
Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) prophylaxis
- Cefixime, oral, 400 mg immediately as a single dose. PLUS
- Metronidazole, oral, 2 g, immediately as a single dose. PLUS
- Doxycycline 100 mg 12 hourly for 7 days.
In pregnancy, use: Amoxicillin, oral, 500 mg 8 hourly for 7 days.NaijaBlog.ng