The Candidate of New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP), Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso has listed his achievements in education sector.
According to a tweet by the former Kano Governor spotted by Native Reporters;
- Sent over 2,600 students to 14 countries including UK, UAE, Ukraine, Turkey, Cyprus, India China, Malaysia, among others across the world.
- Sponsored 450 students to further their studies locally at Igbinedion, Bells and Crescent and Al-Qalam Universities
- Sponsored Post Graduate Training of 21 Candidates in Public Health at Texas A & M University, USA.
- Sponsored 8 students for dispatcher pilot course at College of Aviation, Zaria.
- Overhauled primary schools, through the construction of about 2,000 classrooms and 1,000 offices.
- Re-introduced free feeding for all primary school pupils 5 times a week.
- Provided 2 free sets of uniform for all primary school pupils.
- Constructed 400 Kwankwasiyya teachers' lodge in rural primary and secondary schools.
- Established 4 new high standard Secondary and Technical Colleges.
- All medical students indigent of the State were placed on GL: 07 as monthly allowance.
- Approved the setup of 300 laboratories of Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 100 Secondary Schools.
- Established 44 Technical and Islamic Studies Schools.
- Sponsored 100 persons for Degree in Medicine overseas.
- Established 26 new Institutes for vocational training.
- Sponsored 100 persons for Piloting and Aeronautical Engineering in Jordan.
- Sponsored 100 persons for a Degree in Pharmacy overseas.
- Sponsored 100 females to study Medicine (Gynaecology) abroad.
- Sponsored 25 Candidates to India and UK to study Marine Engineering.
- Sponsored 45 students for aeronautical engineering course at the College of Aviation Zaria.
- Sponsored 502 youths for Ph.Ds and Masters degree programmes overseas.